There are many factors that determine how much muscle a person can ultimately build - a major factor in this giant equation is your body?s natural levels of the anabolic hormone testosterone.
There are many factors that determine how much muscle a person can ultimately build. Training intensity, nutrition, supplementation and rest; these are just a few of the many variables that will contribute to your overall muscle-building ?bottom line?. Another major factor in this giant equation is your body?s natural levels of the anabolic hormone testosterone.
Quite simply, testosterone is the most important muscle-building hormone in your body and is one of the limiting factors that determines how much muscle a person can build. Here is just a small handful of the many amazing benefits that increased testosterone levels will provide you with:
- Increased muscle size and strength.
- Decreased body fat levels.
- Increased sex drive and sexual endurance.
- Improved mood.
- Decreased levels of "bad" cholesterol.
Sounds pretty good, doesn?t it? Well it is, and I?m going to show you exactly how to achieve all of these benefits step by step. Before I do that, let?s cover some basic biology so that we?re all on the same page here. Here are the general steps that the body goes through in order to produce this incredible hormone:
First, the brain releases a substance called Luteinizing Hormone, or ?LH? for short. LH basically ?tells? the body to start producing testosterone. Once this occurs, the adrenal glands release DHEA into the bloodstream. LH and DHEA then travel together to the testes where testosterone production begins. Testosterone can now be released into the bloodstream to perform its magic.
So, without further ado, here are some basic methods you can implement in order to naturally raise your body's levels of testosterone and take advantage of all of its amazing benefits.
1) Use compound exercises as the cornerstone of your workouts. I?m talking about the basic, bread-and-butter lifts such as squats, deadlifts, bench presses, rows, chin-ups, dips, lunges and military presses. This will place your muscles under the greatest amount of stress in the gym and will force your body to increase testosterone production.
2) Always train with 100% effort and intensity. If you want to see real muscle gains, you must be willing to push yourself to the limit in the gym. Again, greater muscular stress in the gym translates to higher testosterone output.
3) Train your legs equally as hard as your upper body. As you may already be aware, intense leg training can actually stimulate growth in your chest, back and arms. This is due in part to the increase in testosterone that leg training induces.
4) Increase your EFA consumption. Essential Fatty Acids from sources such as peanuts, avocadoes, fish and healthy oils like flax seed, olive and canola are a great way to naturally boost testosterone levels.
5) Reduce your intake of soy. Soy protein raises the body?s levels of estrogen (the main female hormone) and this has a direct negative effect on testosterone levels.
6) Limit your consumption of alcohol. Alcohol has been shown to have quite a dramatic effect on testosterone levels, so try to limit your "binge drinking" nights and keep your alcohol consumption in moderation.
7) Increase your dietary intake of cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, turnips, cabbage and brussel sprouts have all been shown to dramatically reduce estrogen levels, thereby raising testosterone.
8) Lower your daily stress levels. Being overly stressed stimulates the release of ?cortisol?, a highly catabolic hormone that will cause your testosterone levels to plummet.
9) Increase your sexual activity. Sexual stimulation causes the body to increase the production of oxytocin which increases endorphin production (the "feel-good" chemical), and this also raises testosterone.
10) Make sure to get adequate sleep every night. A lack of sleep contributes to cortisol production, and this will lower your testosterone levels.
So there you have it, 10 basic, easy-to-follow guidelines for increasing your testosterone levels naturally.
Start implementing these techniques on a consistent basis and get ready for some dramatic muscle size and strength gains!
About The Author
Sean Nalewanyj is a bodybuilding expert, fitness author and writer of top-selling Internet Bodybuilding E-Book: The Truth About Building Muscle. If you want to learn how to build maximum lean muscle mass and strength as quickly as possible, visit his website: Muscle Gain Truth
|Build Massive Arms|
|Advanced Sports Supplement Compounds|
|Rest Pause Training for Accelerating Muscle Growth|
|Rapid Training Progresss Guidelines|
|Fat Loss Guidelines for Guaranteed Results|
|Reflex Nutrition FREE Gift Offer Bundle|
|Adapt Pretrain put to the Test|
|The Mass Gaining Diet Plan|
|Weight Gain Powders for Building Muscle Mass|
|Avoid Training Plateaus. Make Continuous Progress|
|BioRhythm ADS Afterglow Review|
|Drive Your Workout Intensity Skywards|
|Muscle Building Supplements for Weight Gaining|
|Achieving Progressive Overload|
|Avoid The Dangers of Weight Gain Supplements|
|Protein Supplement Buyer Beware|
|Eat Your 5 a Day, Fact or Myth|
|Find a Gym thats Right for You|
|Supplements, the Best, the Worst and the Pointless|
|An Effective Approach to Eating and Diet Plans|
|June 2016 (3)|
|May 2016 (3)|
|April 2016 (1)|
|December 2015 (1)|
|July 2015 (1)|
|May 2015 (1)|
|April 2015 (3)|
|July 2014 (8)|
|June 2014 (6)|
|April 2014 (4)|
|March 2014 (3)|
|February 2014 (3)|
|January 2014 (3)|
|November 2013 (5)|
|October 2013 (1)|
|September 2013 (1)|
|August 2013 (3)|
|July 2013 (2)|
|February 2013 (1)|
|November 2012 (1)|
|October 2012 (5)|
|May 2012 (2)|
|March 2012 (1)|
|December 2011 (1)|
|October 2011 (10)|
|September 2011 (2)|
|August 2011 (2)|
|July 2011 (4)|
|June 2011 (1)|
|April 2011 (1)|
|March 2011 (4)|
|December 2010 (14)|
|November 2010 (1)|
|General Intrest Article|
|MMA Fightwear Reviews|
|Supplement Reviews Post Workouts|
|Supplement Reviews Preworkout|
|Supplement Reviews Protein|
|Training Equipment Reviews|
|Training Specific: Arms|
|Training Specific: Legs|
|Training Specific: Upper Body|
|ADAPT NUTRITION AFTER GLOW AFTERGLOW ALCOHOL BIG LIFTS BLENDED PROTEIN BODYBUILDING QA BUILDING LEGS BUILDING MUSCLE EFFECTIVE DIET FAT LOSS GREAT BRANDS HIGH ALTITUDE TRAINING HIT - HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING MASS GAIN SUPPLEMENTS MUSCLE MASS DIETS POST WORKOUT PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS SQUAT STRENGTH TRAINING TIPS VO2 MAX WEIGHT GAIN REVIEWS WEIGHT GAIN TIPS WEIGHT MANAGEMENT WORKOUT RECOVERY|